Have a great and safe summer!
Returning Student Registration is Tues.- July 30th from 2:00-7:00 PM
New Student Registration is on Mon.- August 5th from 2:00-7:00 PM
Meet the Teacher Night will be on Thurs. -August 22nd from 5:30-6:30 PM
First Day of School: Monday, August 26, 2013
Welcome to Mrs. Moss' Sixth Grade Classroom!
Parent Grade Level M.O.O.S.E Meeting
Tuesday, September 3, 2013
at 5:30 Rm. 21 and 23
Parent Conference Day is all day . No school for students on this day
ALL incoming HEB ISD 6th Pre-AP and GT Reading/English students are required to read Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls. Please take notes IN your book as you read. Students must have their own copy of the book, so they are able to take notes.
ALL Pre-AP and GT English students going into the 7th grade are required to read The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton. Additional assignments can be found on the district home page.
ALL students going into the 7th grade, no matter what English class, are required to read two books of their own choice this summer. Remember to bring SIGNED reading lists to your 7th grade teachers.
2009-2014 District Goals
1. Student Achievement
2. Effective and Efficient Operation for ALL Components
3. Quality Teaching, Administrative, and Support Staff
4. Safe, Healthy, and Nurturing Schools
5. Enduring Relationships with Stakeholders
1. I come to school ready to learn and to allow others to learn.
2. I am responsible for my own learning.
3. I am respectful of others through my actions and words.
6th Grade Mission Statement
The Sixth Grade Teachers are committed to promoting student achievement and success through a learner-centered balance of motivation and interventions.
We are committed to teaching the HEB Curriculum, monitoring classroom progress through Continuous Improvement, and establishing nurturing relationships with our students.
Stonegate Elementary Mission Statement
Stonegate Elementary will provide an environment committed to achieving excellence. Each child will be accepted, appreciated, nurtured, and challenged based upon their individual needs.
HEB Core Messages
1. Students are responsible for their own learning.
2. Quality teachers and effective schools are essential to students' learning.
3. Parents and patrons are vital partners in the educational process.
4. A safe environment for every student and employee is a prerequisite to learning.
5. Decisions and actions, at all levels, focus on and support effective student learning.