KINDER KICK OFF
Monday, May 2, 2016 - 6:30 PM
Bring your child to visit a kindergarten classroom! Pre-enrollment will be completed for students who bring the following necessary documents:
1. Proof of student residency - April or May utility bill (water, electric, or gas only) with a parent or guardian's name and address
2. Birth Certificate - student must be 5 by September 1, 2016
3. Up to Date Shot Record - 5 doses DPT/DtaP/DT/TdaP/Td, 4 doses polio, 2 doses MMR, 2 doses HepA, 3 doses HepB, 2 doses varicella
4. Social security card (if available)
Monday, May 9-Wednesday, May 11
Students in grades 3-6 will be participating in state-mandated testing known as the STAAR (State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness). Since STAAR is a state-mandated test, The Wilshire campus will be closed to all visitors all day on these dates. The Closed Campus procedures will be in place for all grade levels, not just those taking the STAAR test. These procedures include:
1. Parent volunteers will not be able to sign in to access the building.
2. Parents will not be able to sign in and eat breakfast or lunch with students, regardless of grade level.
3. Parents may still sign students out for appointments through the office. (We strongly discourage appointments for our third through sixth grade students on these days.)
4. Only HEB ISD employees will have access to the campus.
We appreciate your assistance in helping us maintain the district expectation of a secure testing environment on STAAR testing dates.