In an abundance of caution, HEB ISD is cancelling all after-school student activities for today, Tuesday, May 21, 2013. All schools will dismiss at the regular time. Buses will run their normal routes at normal times. Extended Day Academies will remain open until 6 p.m. We will post any future information on our Urgent News page: http://schoolctr.hebisd.edu/weather
Hurst-Euless-Bedford ISD School Health Advisory Council
District Goal #4: The district will provide and maintain safe, healthy and nurturing environments conducive to learning, which will enable students to think critically and act responsibly .
A School Health Advisory Committee (SHAC) is a group of individuals representative of the community to provide advice and recommendations to the District on Coordinated School Health programming and its impact on students' health and learning.
Vision Statement: Hurst Euless Bedford ISD will envision healthier students and families through the Coordinated School Health Program.
Mission Statement: The Hurst-Euless-Bedford ISD School Health Advisory Council will:
1. Promote a healthy lifestyle by providing an awareness and knowledge in the three areas of health: physical, mental and social well-being.
2. Provide assistance to the District to support and implement the Coordinated School Health Program through the following areas:
Health Education Physical Education Health Services Nutrition Services/Education Counseling, Psychological & Social Services Healthy & Safe School Environment Health Promotion/Wellness for Staff Family/Community Awareness/Involvement/Education
1. Promote the active leadership in the area of health programs and services.
2. Promote best practices for implementing and improving school health policies.
3. Promote the Coordinated School Health Program.
4. Provide annual report to School Board.
All meetings will be held to a 1 1/2 hour meeting time. If agenda is not completed, it will be scheduled for completion at the next Council meeting
Schedule of Meetings for 2012-2013: Mondays, 4:15-5:45 Pat May Center -Child Nutrition Services Office
*Other dates scheduled as needed.
District Liaison: Vahista B. Ussery, MS, MBA, RD Parent Chair: Julia Cole (Parent) Secretary: Dovie Rousch-Carlisle (Parent)
Our SHAC consists of 8 parents, 9 school employees, 2 high school students, and 2 community representatives.
The CSH Team gives input in the 8 areas of health. Additional committees/personnel provide information/updates as needed in these areas.
Past Sub Committees that meet and report back to SHAC:
1. Sexual Abuse Policy/Procedures
2. Mental Health
3. Campus Awareness
4. Communicable Diseases