1. How do I change a grade below 70 on a quiz? Retake the quiz. The quiz retake cannot exceed 75.
2. What about the trimester exam? A comprehensive review is provided. The exam is closed book and counts 20% of the final grade.
3. How do I earn extra credit points? At the end of each six weeks access the my web site and download the extra credit assignment. Follow instructions.
4. Do I have any homework? No, all work is done in class.
5. Do students actually fail this class? Yes. Those students who do not demonstrate good employability skills, follow procedures, and/or do not complete assignments have failed the class.
6. Do you have to be super smart to take robotics? No, but you do need to be able to use critical thinking skills to build a robot, apply mathematical skills to solve problems, work with a partner, and demonstrate good behavoiral skills.
7. Do some students know more than the teacher concerning some programs used to teach the class? Yes, even though your teacher has more than 41 years experience in education and technology some students are very knowledgeable. Your teacher is not afraid to learn from his students and appreciates their input and assistance.
8. How do I join the TEC TCEA Robotics team? You must be currently enrolled in a HEB secondary school. You are eligible to join the team if you have passed a CTE elective class at TEC or attended Camp Connect. Contact me at CharlesHorn@hebisd.edu or 817-354-3341 ext 5039.
9. Is it possible for Trinity and/or Bell and/or KEYS students to be on the same team? Yes.
10. Are there any fees or dues for the TEC Robotics team? No.