The Trinity High School counselors aim to eliminate barriers that might interfere with a student's success.
Each counselor's responsibilities include counseling students with certain last names, but we can and do take on students with any last name! There isn't any topic that we haven't discussed and tackled with students, parents, and teachers at Trinity High School.
Here's a list of just some of the topics and programs we work with:
- Academics and planning - TAKS issues, scheduling, planning for next year's courses, AP testing
- Future Planning - college preparation, applications, scholarships, vocational programs
- Personal issues - personal issues here at school or home, general "venting" and time outs, referrals to an outside therapist
- Anxiety group for students during lunch time meetings
- Military support group for students with relatives and friends overseas.
- Support group for teachers and their issues.
- ARK (Adults Relating to Kids) Truancy Counseling night program which meets for five successive Thursday evenings from 6 to 8 p.m. in N111 and costs $100. This program is in lieu of a truancy ticket and the expensive court costs involved with being ticketed.