COURSE: Advanced Automotive
GRADE LEVEL: 11-12
UNIT TOPIC: Section VI BRAKES Chapter 36 Disc Brake Operation, Diagnosis and Service
SCHEDULED DATES OF INSTRUCTION: 01-06 Dec,2013
OBJECTIVES: Upon completion of this unit, the student will be able to:
1. Prepare for ASE Brake (A5) certification Test content area “C” (Disc Brake Diagnosis and Repair)
2. Describe how disc brakes function.
3. Name the parts of a typical disc brake system.
4. Identify the types of disc brake pads.
5. Explain how to disassemble and reassemble a disc brake caliper assembly.
6. Describe how to prevent disc Brake noise.
MATERIALS REQUIRED: Class room book: AUTOMOTIVE TECHNOLOGY PRINCIPLES< DIAGNOSIS and SERVICE Second Edition
By James D. Halderman & Chase D. Mitchell Jr.
Automotive training aids
White board illustrations
Neway valve and valve seat cutters
PRESENTATION METHOD: Lecture/large group discussion
In groups of 4,
ASSESSMENT: Hands on demonstration