COURSE: Automotive Technology 2
GRADE LEVEL: 12
UNIT TOPIC: Section II ENGINE REPAIR Chapter 6 Engine Disassembly, Cleaning, and Crack Detection
SCHEDULED DATES OF INSTRUCTION: 19-30 Jan. 2015
OBJECTIVES: After studying Chapter 6, the students should be able to:
1. Prepare for ASE Engine Repair (A1) certification test content area “A” (General Engine Diagnosis)
2. Describe how to remove an engine from a vehicle.
3. Discuss how to remove cylinder heads without causing warpage.
4. List the steps necessary to remove a piston from a cylinder.
5. Explain how to remove a valve from a cylinder head.
6. List the types of engine cleaning methods.
7. List the various methods that can be used to check engine parts for cracks.
8. Describe crack-repair procedures.
MATERIALS REQUIRED: Class room book: AUTOMOTIVE TECHNOLOGY PRINCIPLES< DIAGNOSIS and SERVICE Second Edition
By James D. Halderman & Chase D. Mitchell Jr.
Automotive training aids
White board and my wonderful drawings
PRESENTATION METHOD: Lecture/large group discussion
ASSESSMENT: Hands on demonstration and multiple choice test.