COURSE: Adv. Automotive
GRADE LEVEL: 11-12
UNIT TOPIC: Section II ENGINE REPAIR Chapter 5 Engine Condition Diagnosis
SCHEDULED DATES OF INSTRUCTION: 1- 22 Nov. 2016
OBJECTIVES: After studying Chapter 5, the students should be able to:
1. Prepare for ASE Engine Repair (A1) certification test content area “A” (General Engine Diagnosis) and Engine Performance (A8) certification test content area “A” (General Engine Diagnosis).
2. List the visual checks that can be performed to determine the engine condition.
3. Describe how to perform a dry and wet compression test.
4. Explain how to perform a cylinder leakage test.
5. Describe how an oil sample analysis can be used to determine the engine condition.
MATERIALS REQUIRED: Class room book: AUTOMOTIVE TECHNOLOGY PRINCIPLES< DIAGNOSIS and SERVICE Second Edition
By James D. Halderman & Chase D. Mitchell Jr.
Automotive training aids
White board and my wonderful drawings
PRESENTATION METHOD: Lecture/large group discussion
ASSESSMENT: Hands on demonstration and multiple choice test.