About Shady Brook
Shady Brook Elementary School
TEA 2010 Exemplary Campus
The mission of Shady Brook Elementary School is to provide a caring and academically engaging environment so that all students can reach their potential and pursue lifelong learning.
Shady Brook Elementary is centrally located in the city of Bedford and serves a culturally diverse population of approximately 570 students. The original facility opened in 1971. Major renovations, which were completed in 2001, have provided a new and updated educational complex for the new millennium.
The 2009-2010 school year starts our eighth year as a district "Schools of Choice" campus with the Suzuki Strings and Core Knowledge programs. Please take a moment to browse our website. One of our goals is to continually communicate with parents and our community. You can find everything on our website from newsletters to lunch menus. We are always excited to welcome visitors to our school. Please feel free to call the school office at (817) 354-3513 if we can answer any questions or schedule a time for you to visit the campus.
For Important information about Shady Brook, Please click below.
School Report Card & TAPRs from the HEB ISD Assessment Department and TEA.
HEB Core Messages
1. Students are responsible for their own learning.
2. Quality teachers and effective schools are essential to students' learning.
3. Parents and patrons are vital partners in the educational process.
4. A safe environment for every student and employee is a prerequisite to learning.
5. Decisions and actions, at all levels, focus on and support effective student learning.