2014-2015 Cosmetology Spotlight
The H.E.B. Cosmetology program started 1971. It's current location is at the Buinger C.T.E. Academy. The Texas Department of Licensing & Regulations, Texas Education Agency, and HEB ISD have set requirements and expectations for students enrolled in the program to qualify to test for the Texas State Certification.
· 1500 clock hours to complete the program, 500 of these hours can be earned by passing all academic classes
· 630 hours are earned in the junior year
· 370 hours are earned the senior year
· Students are expected to take the Texas Department of Licensing Exam
· This is an adult level class in a high school setting. All students must conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times.
· We participated in many extra activities this year: BCTEA Ambassadors, Skills USA members, Field Trips ~( Spring Garden Play, ITS Hair Show, Tony & Guy Plano hair shows, Great Clips clipper events, Ogles speakers) Community Services ~ (Park Wood rehab & nursing center, West Hill Hurst Elementary Carnival booth, Benefit & Car Show, S.A.D.D 5k run at Bell High School), Fundraisers ~(Day Spas for District & Staff)
Our 2015-2016 August Spotlight will Feature: Health Science Classes