Welcome to your Secondary Book Blog.
If you like to read and want to share your thoughts,
you've come to the right place.
(Send thread ideas to me in a post to be considered for the blog.)

The policies will be simple: we're going to be nice to all who participate and I'll be the moderator. :D
Only school appropriate comments will be received and/or posted.

You must include your name and ID# in your message to have your post approved. Posts will include your initials only.

C'mon, admit it. You read the last page sometimes. Tell us why you do it, or why you would never do that. Smiley
I used to read the last page of books all the time, especially murder mysteries. I was just too impatient to wait until the end to find out what happened. However, one day a friend lent me her copy of To Kill a Mockingbird. I read the first couple of chapters, but then skipped right to the end to the part when the final verdict was being read aloud. After reading that part, the suspense of the whole book was gone for me, and I wasn't able to enjoy it very much. Now, I don't read the last page of books anymore...most of the time.
For some reason, it doesn't bother me to read the last page, although I never do it. Sometimes people will tell me the ending....spoiler alert!!! But I kind of think of reading a book as a journey. How you get to the ending is usually pretty interesting, so knowing what's on the final page..hmmm...maybe not so important to me. Yet...when I run into a situation like N.R's, I'll probably change my mind. I do skip pages sometimes. O_o